The Philippines seems to be prone to many natural and man-made disasters. ICCM has joined with other Registered Charities, to provide emergency assistance in many of these crisis. One charity, Church Planting Ministries led by Alex and Rosie were exceptional in the emergency relief efforts. We were honored to be a very small part of the emergency response. This began our cooperative work with CPMI and we are continuing to work on many projects together. In order to address the problems faced in the Philippines, ICCM has attempted to introduce projects that especially targeting aid to vulnerable people.
Here are some of the projects.
- Recently we have worked in cooperation with CPMI to provide projects which are geared to help with the problem of housing.
- ICCM continues to provide start-up cost for small initiatives. There are several mirco-enterprises that we have helped get started such as sewing and clothing shop and Pedicabs.
- Food and supplies have been provided to help displaced people and others in unfortunate circumstances.
- In cooperation with CPMI, we have been a part of providing wells in needy areas so people can have clean water.
- Recently, ICCM has joined once again with CPMI in providing IDP (Internally Displaced Person) kits for the refugees of the Marawi conflict. .
- ICCM is also assisting with two families; one family is a group of orphans that were living alone in a shack. A neighbor has taken them under her care and we are financially assisting with providing for their needs. Another group of six children were taken in by their elderly grandmother after their mother died. They also live in a shack and the grandmother is financially unable to support them. We are currently assisting with their needs as well.
- Also, ICCM continues training assistance to those who otherwise could not afford the tuition, with the promise that they will return to help their own communities.
- We also provide Bibles and Christian literature for distribution.